Prayer plants are beautiful and appealing plants that will gain your attention. Adding this plant into your garden bed will be a perfect choice of yours, and growing this will never disappoint you. But you need to care for the plant, as it requires some time from you.
It would be best if you kept your foliage happy for your plant’s healthy growth and development. Prayer plants need more care and maintenance. These plants need to maintain humidity and warmth.
A bit of fluctuation in the caring conditions will impact the plant’s growth, and it can also cause browning and curling of the prayers plant. So, you need to provide it with optimum growing conditions.
If you have a prayer plant in your garden and its leaves curling, you are at the right place. This guide will help you figure out the reason for the curling.
Why are my Prayer Plant Leaves Curling?
Are you worried about the curling of your prayer plant leaves? Do not get stressed! You need to investigate your plant to provide it with an appropriate solution.
So, let’s investigate and find the root cause of the issue in the following section:
1. Parched Soil:
Dry soil can be one reason for leaves curling, as the plant loves to grow in a balanced amount of water. Over and under-watering results in impacting the growth of your prayers plant.
So, you must check upon the soil, and if it’s scorched, this could be a reason for leaves curling.
The dry soil usually results in drooping of the leaves, and it can cause also cause discoloration of your plant. Also, remember to water the plant when the above 2-3 inches of the soil gets dry.
Solution for the Arid Soil:
Are you wondering about what to do in case of incredible dryness?
Do not worry; just let the plant soak water thoroughly. The following steps will help you do this:
- You need to place your plant in your sink without using the saucer and fill your basin with 3-4 inches of water. Remember to use the water at the optimum temperature.
- After that, let your plant’s soil soak the water thoroughly via the drainage hole.
- Leave your pot there for 45 minutes. After that check, if the water has reached the top 2,3 inches of your pot. It means that your soil is completely saturated.
- Maintaining the saturation level will help in dealing with this issue. It will also help in regaining the luminous look of your plant.
2. Quality of water:
If you are providing your plant with flat water, you need to check the water quality. Water quality can impact your plant’s growth, resulting in the curling of your prayers plants.
Usually, hard water contains multiple minerals with high content of chlorine and fluoride. All these minerals will result in stunt growth, and the tips of the leaves get to turn brown and curl up. So, make sure to use soft water or a filtration system to let your plant grow well.
If you don’t have the filtration system, you can place the water in a container for the whole night to let the chemicals settle down. It will also be an appropriate solution.
3. Temperature Fluctuations:
The prayers plant cannot bear fluctuating temperature. The draft area or hot and cold vents can be dangerous for your plant.
Usually, the leaves of the prayers plants curl in the cold season and excessively dry or warm air. But don’t worry, you need to place your beautiful plant at the correct location. It will help in dealing with the issue.
The consistent vents of the cold or dry air can cause the leaves to curl upwards. So, keep an eye on the temperature extremes and let your plant be in the ideal range.
4. Humidity Fluctuations:
Dry air can result in reducing the humidity level of your plant. So, decreased humidity and dry air can cause curling of the prayers leaves upward.
Check if your plant is facing this issue and find out an appropriate and convenient solution for this.
You can use the following solutions to maintain the humidity level of your plant:
Using the Humidifier:
- It is a long-term solution, and you can use it to maintain the humidity level. This will be the best solution that you can choose to help your plant grow well.
- Another method that you can choose to maintain the humidity level is misting. Mist the plant and let the leaves maintain their position.
Prayer Plant Propagation and Care Tips
- You need to provide your prayers plant with the right growing conditions, as it will help deal with the prayer plant problems. The following are the tips that can help your plant grow well:
- If you are observing your prayer plant’s leaves curl upward at night, then do not worry. It is the natural gesture of the plant, and these plants usually turn at night and maintain their position back during the daytime.
- The best light to propagate your prayers plant is using bright and indirect light. Direct light can also cause curling of the leaves. So you need to maintain the right amount of light.
- Locate your plant in front of your northern or southern window. It will help in the growth of the plant in the right direction.
- You can propagate the plant using stem cuttings having nodes. Placing the stem cuttings in soil or water and provide the plant with optimum growing conditions.
On a concluding note, prayer plant are beautiful and appealing plants that you can grow in your garden. Growing this plant will never disappoint you due to its beautiful appearance.
A bit of negligence in the plant can result in the stunted growth and browning of the leaves. It can also let your leaves turn upwards. The common problems in prayer-plants curling include fluctuations in water, temperature, humidity, and soil.
So, investigate the issue and introduce an appropriate solution for this. Also, do not worry about the plant’s condition and help it grow well.
Frequently Asked Questions Prayer Plant Leaves Curling
Why are the tips of my prayer plant turning brown?
The tips of the prayers leaves get brown due to the fluctuations in the growing conditions. Due to low humidity levels, improper watering, direct bright light, and excessive fertilizer use, it may occur.
Should I cut the brown tips of the plant?
Yes, cut down the brown tips of your plants only if they are 50% damaged. It will be beneficial for the foliage of your entire plant and will develop a beautiful appearance of the plant as well. Despite this, the rest of the plant will receive more nutrients for better growth.
Can prayer plant leaves uncurl?
Yes, you can let your prayers plant leaves uncurl by providing them with the right conditions. Also, the plant is not forgiving in low and high water conditions. Also, do not let the soil stay consistently moist, as it can result in stunt growth.